Sunday, April 22, 2012

Some unfinished business...

The results are out for the Crochet Calendar 2013 contest winners and accepted submissions. I really don't know how to win the contest, but I'm glad my two patterns are included in the calendar. If you are interested to know the contents of the calendar its here. Now I've yet to see if I'll promptly receive my free copy. Based on what happened for the 2011 crochet calendar owed me, it was disappointing since I had to pay tax for it, which won't be the case if they sent it by USPS mail. I don't know the procedure with DHL, but its a hit and miss. The other years I wasn't charged any, but this was the second time I was billed for tax. I paid for it anyway, and thought I'd ask for another really FREE copy. I was promised a free copy, but it NEVER came. Surely, they did promise me that since they were still looking for submissions for the 2013 calendar...and I fell for it....hahahah!

The cap-sleeved cardigan design is another unfinished business. It has been accepted along with two other designs. But its becoming frustrating now that it has dragged on for more than a year. This isn't surprising though...

By the way, I've been making items to sell on consignment...I've actually been able to deliver some to my friend's new store here in Quezon City.
I don't know how to keep up making items, as I still haven't found a crochet worker around here. I'm not so inclined to spend that much time...not knowing what items would sell, and not quite sure how to price it...but I'm really thankful for this opportunity.


In the meantime I think I should work more on wearable designs...before I change my mind again :p
Oh...and there's more unfinished business - in my would-be craftroom. Which brings me back on all the above unfinished businesses. Because most of the things I want to accomplish for my craftroom requires some spending! hahahah....

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Mimi! I hope you get to sell things regularly. You do such nice work the things you make are sure to sell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina!! I'm sort of groping about selling finished items, but with selling patterns I feel like I know my way around...and we both know the time it takes to make items ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your items!! I'm on Pinterest and twitter also, I'll come follow you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, that's why I have never done anything with selling handmade things. I get too stressed out about it (deadlines, will they like it, etc) and it kind of takes the fun out of crocheting (for me, anyway).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!