Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crocheting in Black

One thing we consider in picking colors to crochet is that we can easily work with it. I like working with light colors, work goes faster though sometimes its boring. Black would be the most difficult color since we can hardly see the stitches, but oftentimes its worth the trouble. Black is a very nice color for accessories, and for lacy tops and dresses.



Sometimes black is the only choice, as in this amigurumi Scottish Terrier dog, Molly.



Molly requested an amigurumi look-a-like, so she had to be all black ;) I'll tell you more about her later :)

Meanwhile, here's a free crochet pattern I came up with at the spur of the moment...a halloween accessory that also had to be black. If you crochet, with some leftover black thread you can give this free pattern a try:

7 comments:

  1. I am always scared of crocheting with black.The doggie is soo cute.Lovely accessory too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Mimi: Black is the most difficult color to crochet/knit. You need very good light, better if natural daylight.
    Molly, mom and me are DELIGHTED with your creation of the Molly Ami!!! She looks soooooo cute! You are a crochet genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pearlin :) It could get easier with practice too...

    Yes Vik, natural daylight is the best...though we mostly have time to crochet/knit later in the afternoon or evening.
    I'm so glad you all like Molly Ami. I would be so disappointed if Molly don't see for herself her ami look-a-like. Now I challenge myself to make another one, like a twin...and when I finish I'll show you two Mollys! That way, you'll feel good in having one of her :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. É uma cor classica, chique e elegante!
    As peças acima estão muito bonitas!
    Parabens
    Nely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the choker. Black is hard to crochet with. I need to take breaks. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina, I know my eyesight was much better before blogging days...but now I don't find it too difficult to make the choker using black cotton thread - I found it more challenging to crochet with black yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!