Friday, August 26, 2011

Breathing in Some Inspiration



A design isn’t finished until somebody is using it.
— Brenda Laurel

 I found this quote online and thought it relevant. Not that I'm complaining, but I can't seem to move on to other new designs until I'm actually done with what is out there hanging. I have a tunic top design I've finished and submitted months ago. I'm still waiting to hear from them.
Then I have three wearable designs that have already been accepted, but its taking too long to process...its all fine by me, but right now I hardly have time to crochet or start on a new design. So I'm really hoping that some of my previous work will materialize so hopefully things will remain current and interesting.
Meanwhile, I have been breathing in some inspiration... Once in a while, I would browse my books and magazines, and I'd browse online and see many items that I like. However, since I couldn't sit for long periods to immerse myself in a new design, I still haven't started anything yet :p

Yesterday I was in the mood to go to a nearby mall...fortunately, there's a Booksale store there so I looked for knitting or crochet books and magazines. These were the only ones available at a bargain price, and I got them all for a total of P105. (about $2.50)!!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi! I saw tons of new Japanese crochet magazines in NBS Tagbilaran City. What a surprise! There were so many I couldn't decide which to get (plenty of tawashi, clothes, toys, accessories, motifs). I settled for the one about motifs (in different shapes). Motif books and crochet dictionaries are also good sources of inspiration for new designs. My favorite book is Vogue Knitting's Stitchionary which I got some 2 years ago at Fully Booked, but that was quite expensive (over 1000 pesos) but worth it.

    Cheers!
    Fats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fats!!! I don't know why I had not replied to this, but I came across this article again, after many years, and saw your comment :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog!