Friday, January 07, 2011

Crochet Stuff 2010 year-ender post

Happy New Year, we made it to 2011!
Crochet is still in for this year's fashion, as mentioned in this article
- macrame and crochet will make a strong return; but forget the homemade craft feel - it's all about intricacy, quality and a luxury edge.


Hmm...what a big challenge to stay fashionable with crochet! Lets just leave those to the runway and make our own wearable crochet fashion ;)
There is also a trend to combine crochet with fabric...so I'm thinking this could be our chance to use our fabric stash, or to recycle some from outdated clothes; and to take out the sewing machine and improve on our sewing skills ;)
But first, please join me as I take a look back at my crochet adventures in 2010 :)
Here are the highlights:


Blogging is finally paying off for me, with Google Adsense. I got my first and succeeding payment this year!


My first design submission to Interweave Crochet magazine was accepted, and I sent off the design sample and requirements in January 2010. It got published in the Summer 2010 issue. It was such a thrill to say the least!

I had not submitted anything else though, and that's one of my goals for this succeeding year ;)




Free Crochet Patterns published in 2010:

Tropical Shawl with fringe
Tropical Flower Pin
Kitchen Towel Topper
Radiant Coaster/Doily
Flower Choker
Mug Cozy
Playful Santa Hat

Patterns added to my Ravelry store in 2010:




8-Petal Flower Pendant 




Camo Newsboy Cap     
            
Stylish Chain Scarf  

Stylish Chain Cowl    

For my other crochet projects, you can always check my Ravelry page. If you're not on Ravelry yet, then c'mon and join!


Lastly, big thanks to my 2010 super models:

Divvy 

Lovely  


Mel 




That's all folks. Hopefully there'll be a lot more in 2011. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Love all your Creations Mimi.Wish you the very best in2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this link. Can't wait to make that maxi dress. I just joined your followers. Like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow mimi wala ako masabi...all nice esp that chain cowl tamang tama d2 pag malamig...wish i can do that as well since i know how to crochet!..A blessed New Year to u and ur family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Mimi and a Happy New Year to you! How do you get Google Ad-Sense to even work? You have one ad. I have so much trouble setting it up and my original account was under a different email addy and they won't transfer it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi you are doing so well with all your lovely patterns! I'm so excited for you. I tried doing the Ad Sense thing, too; and it wouldn't work for me either. A similar situation to Deneen's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pearlin, Natalia, Jojo, Deneen, Tina,
    thanks for your inspiring comments!
    About the AdSense account, I guess I'm just lucky :} I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think they will first look into the traffic that your blog gets...Also, I didn't join any other ad site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the submission! It's beautiful! I was just thinking about you last night and the little crochet bee you sent me....still sits in my office as a reminder that I know a real "celebrity" in the craft world!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!