Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Creative Crochet Jewelry, part 3

What's this? You could easily guess what I plan to do with this, but can you tell where I got? I didn't buy it, and it wasn't a common reusable material. Since I was excited to see if it fits, I didn't take a picture of the thing before I took it apart and prepared it for use. I also just assumed the owner isn't going to use it anymore :p



This metal was covered with a nice glossy paper, and I took it apart from the box that showcased the watch that my son bought for himself a year ago. I peeled off the paper and cut the sharp corners off. I tried it on my wrist and was happy that it would make a really cool bangle. Of course I was inspired by the examples in the book, Creative Crochet Jewelry. However, the designer used 100% metallic thread for the bangles, and I didn't have enough of it. I don't want to buy any more material since its always better to destash ;)
This black acrylic yarn with gold metallic (lurex) thread woven into it, will make great accessories for sure. My sister bought this in London a few years back. (Love you sis!)



Here's my WIP - just a simple single-crochet tube...
Finished projects in my next post ;)







5 comments:

  1. Great idea! Will enjoy seeing the finished product.
    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. I would never have thought of that. I can't wait to see the finished bracelet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Mimi! Can´t wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina and Vik! I have finished the bangle and my son said it looks like a wristwarmer...hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!