Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A new, old crochet book

I bought a crochet book today...I saw it on a used book sale and it was only P190. ($4.40)... I asked myself, do I really need another book, especially one from 1975? Oh, but this is Anne Halliday's book - the projects and photos look wonderful! And when was the last time I posted about buying a book? Must have been a long while ago since I can't remember...so this isn't a syndrome or anything bad at all now, is it??
Anyway, what I like about this book is, not only does it encourage the crocheter to be creative on one's own, but the patterns in it are still current. I might not be making a project from it soon, but I feel lucky to have found it to add to my collection :)

11 comments:

  1. Nice find! The rug on the cover looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of the projects can always be used. My Grandma gave me an older book too. I think it was McCall's something... I don't have it anymore, but it had a lot of stuff in it I could have made. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love finding crochet books. I totally love to find me some good crochet and sewing books to add to my collection. You can't beat it when it's so cheap.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the girls! You did a great shopping, 70´s are back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous21 May, 2008

    Is that a directors chair I'm seeing? LOL... Groovy! I love vintage patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks worth bying... I never wished You Happy Blogiversary so I am doing it now... All the best for You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much ladies for stopping by! The way prices are so high nowadays, the cost of the book to me is worth just half a regular sized pizza! So I think I avoided extra calories by buying the book instead ;)
    Crochet Diva - I'm liking the director's chair, and the other vintage patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous22 May, 2008

    Oh I like Anne Halliday, I have an afghan book of hers. Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great find! I love old patterns! I honestly think that one can never have too many books nor too many patterns...one day you will find a use for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous23 May, 2008

    How cool! That reminds me that I have a few books to trade. Now I want to dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous25 May, 2008

    I have that book! Retro is supposedly in though I don't think I could handle them a 2nd time! I do believe the patterns in this book can be adapted with new colors and yarns to update them. Great addition to a crochet library. Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!